Sometimes life is joyful and fulfilling. At other times it hurts. As a Christian community we are called to care for one another, especially in these difficult seasons. For this reason pastoral care is a priority for us at Redeemer.
We have a dedicated Pastoral Care Team made up of members of the Redeemer community with training and experience in caring for others. Together with our clergy, they lovingly respond to those in our community who are shut in at home or in care facilities or otherwise suffering.
Our team organizes and delivers support in a variety of ways:
- Home & hospital visits: For those who are experiencing difficulty getting out or other health challenges, our team members are happy to come by for a visit to share some conversation, prayer, reflection and communion – whatever is needed and appropriate.
- Telephone companionship/ Card writing – Members of the team keep the community connected in these palpable and intentional ways.
- Meal assistance: Members of the team and other parishioners drop off an easy-to-reheat meal or basic groceries which is a great way to help someone who is struggling.
- Redeemer Christmas & Resurrection Gifts: As part of our celebrations of Christmas and Easter, the Pastoral Care Team leads the parish in making and delivering gifts for those amongst us experiencing isolation, health or other challenges.
- Blue Christmas Service: The Christmas season can be difficult for those grieving the death of a loved one, experiencing the sorrow of a broken relationship or career setback, or facing an illness. Sometime in early or mid-December, we offer a quiet service of song and silence, prayer and reflection, providing space to honour the feelings that make the season less joyful and celebratory for some.
If you are seeking support, or if you'd like to help out, please let us know and someone from our team will be in touch.